Sunday, June 8, 2014

Clifton Chronicles - Be Careful What You Wish For

Book 3 of The Clifton Chronicles finished on a cliff-hanger, and Be Careful What You Wish For is no different.   I had pre-ordered this book and it downloaded to my Kindle without me noticing, so that was a nice surprise.  It took me a while to remember who all the characters were and what had led up to the car accident, but once my memory kicked in, I could not put the book down.  However, I now cannot even pre-order the next book.  All I know is that it will be published in 2015. 

Jeffrey Archer has been one of my favorite authors for many years now.   The Kane and Able series and As The Crow Flies remain  at the top of my list, but this series comes a close third.  (Don't ask me to decide between the first two.)   His characters are eminently relatable and his plots never have dull spots. 

The Clifton Chronicles start in 1920 with Only Time Will Tell and Be Careful What You Wish For takes the reader up to the 1960s.  As in all of Archer's books, new characters enter the story, many old ones keep trying to cause havoc and the family at the center of the drama goes through the life events we all experience.  Marriage, divorce, love, betrayal, children, and death weave through the story, often in unexpected ways.  The cliff-hangers at the end of each book are what induced me to read the first three books in one weekend after randomly picking up the middle one while wandering Books-A-Million.  Once I realized it was the second book, the wonderful technology of the Kindle allowed me to read the three books in order with no delay!  

Check online for more information about the plot, but be careful not to read too much and ruin the surprises along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment