I finished reading Anonymity at 1:45am on the last day I blogged. I don't know if I liked the ending, but I do feel that the ending was appropriate. Toward the end of the book, the chapters became shorter so the pace picked up -- and the plot line was never slow-paced to being with. That's why I was still up reading well past midnight! There were several surprises (but one predictable outcome regarding the journalist), so the book held my interest until the end. I fully recommend this book, but still have reservations about assigning it to students.
In between exercising with my Wii Fit and working to repair storm damage to the yard, I've read another book on my Kindle (I don't remember the title) and started re-reading Savannah Blues by Mary Kay Andrews. My Kindle locked up for the first time yesterday morning, so I'm now re-reading The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall by Anne McCaffrey. Apparently I bought this book on my way back from England in 2002 and have not read it since that flight. I love using plane and train tickets as bookmarks -- they provide a reading history! I have a stack of print books on the table next to the couch that I'll make my way through while waiting to see what happens with the Kindle. As it had a full charge when it locked up, I may have a while to wait to see if it unlocks once the power runs out. It has ignored all my attempts to reset it so far. Both McCaffrey and Andrews make for great summer reading with my brain set on coast. I don't plan to read anything work related until mid-July -- for the first time in 5 years, I'm not taking any graduate classes this summer and I plan to start next school year thoroughly refreshed and enthusiastic!
No comments:
Post a Comment